85 Years and more....
Devonport Surf Life Saving Club was founded in 1927. Devonport became the first officially recognised Tasmanian surf club when it affiliated with the national controlling body in Sydney during 1929. In 1930 the Devonport, Burnie and Ulverstone Clubs formed the Tasmanian Branch of the Surf Life Saving Association of Australia. The first interclub carnival was held at the Devonport Bluff on 15th February 1930.
The Surf Club as it stands following the Bluff Precinct project
The beach prior to the Bluff Precinct project
Bluff Beach 1948 - how the beach and fashions have changed!
Aerial view of the Bluff Precinct